Saturday, September 1, 2012

Have you ever caught "HIRAME"? ~My Lure Fishing Report~


Do you know "HIRAME"? A flatfish is "HIRAME" in Japanese. I went saltwater lure fishing with my son last weekend. The target fish was "MAGOCHI" (Platycephalus) which lives on the bottom of the sea. It is major fishing target in Japan. I do not know if it is a Japanese style, but the picture below shows the tackle for MAGOCHI fishing.



Plastic Worms (ECOGEAR 3-1/4", Color: Pearl White) and Jig Head (1/8 oz)



At fishing site I repeatedly cast the plastic worm to the bottom of the sea and felt response. But it was just heavy, not move...Sea garbage? I spooled up the fishing reel slowly and then... "I have caught HIRAME, not MAGOCHI! It is expevsive fish and will be a delicious dish!" Of course, my family enjoyed the fried flatfish for dinner on the same day.



END

No comments:

Post a Comment