Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wood ZAKU Robot Model from Mobile Suit Gundam




This is the wood ZAKU robot model that I built last year. ZAKU is a mobile suit from the Mobile Suit Gundam that is a televised animation series in Japan. I used to watch Gundam every week when I was a teenager. Of course I also used to build the plastic robot models of Gundam series. A year ago I started to make a wooden sculptures. The first work was JIZO that is one of the most popular Buddhist Bodhisattva in Japan. The reason for the JIZO making, I found only a how to book of a wooden sculptures for JIZO at the city library. To make a wooden sculpture was very difficult for me as an amateur and I often cut my finger by a carving knife. After the completion of carving, the applying wood lacquer was needed and it was also difficult to look good. Wood ZAKU is my fifth work. Please have a look at the pictures of ZAKU.









END

Additional Information:
 I have set up the translation button in upper right of my another blog in Japanese. Please click here and enjoy my another blog too!











13JUN2013

No comments:

Post a Comment